Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sky and Sea


   STUDIO Ghibli. Just wow.

   If I ever put together an animated film, I would get the ingenious artist who does these gorgeous backgrounds for Studio Ghibli and movies directed by Hayao Miyazaki. The Studio is the Pixar of Japan, and Mr. Miyazaki is Walt Disney. If you have not seen these works of art, I suggest Porco Rosso, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away and the recently released: the Secret World of Arrietty. They're like paintings in motion.

   Magical. Captivating. Inspiring. Masterful.

   Below is a sampling of their best. You get a free high-five if you can name the source films.




























   Quite obviously, all material does not belong to me, but to its respective owners. Artwork is used here for appreciation only and not for profit. Also, some of these films were not directed by Miyazaki.
 
 
 

2 comments: