Saturday, September 22, 2012

Concerning Books #001: Glendale Goodwill Purchases

  
   I recently walked into a Goodwill down in Glendale. Man, what a difference from the ones here in Lancaster. Clean. Well-stocked. Hip employees. Best of all, a sizeable book section with used books in great condition. Found a couple gems:


    I've never read this but I've always wanted to.

 
   Only once did I meet someone who read Lewis' sci-fi trilogy. It seems eclipsed by Narnia. In fact, this was the first time I ever saw it in print and held it in my own hands. $1.99? Yes, please.

 
  Haven't read this either. Seems like the kind of book that I'll open when I retire.


   This was new to me. Seemed pretty awesome. 2 bucks for a book full of famous quotes and where they came from.


   I had seen the movie but never read the book. I hate saying that...

~norton




No comments:

Post a Comment