Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm currently lost in: "the City of God"


   SAINT Augustine was a theologian back in the day. He wrote a book I've always wanted to read.

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus 

   My excitement immediately dropped a few decibels the moment it arrived in the mail. It's a hefty tome. I mean, it's huge. The book has got like twelve books in it or something. It covers the decline of the Roman empire in Augustine's day, which the author contrasts with the divine City of God, which will never decline or pass away. That's a huge topic. It's a huge book. But... I paid for it, and I still believe it will be a great read. Only, you know how intimidating sizeable books can be!

   I'll someday update this post with a review on the City of God. Just give me til my retirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment